About Me

My photo
I saw active service in conventional, clandestine and covert units of the South African Defence Force. I was the founder of the Private Military Company (PMC) Executive Outcomes in 1989 and its chairman until I left in 1997. Until its closure in 1998, EO operated primarily in Africa helping African governments that had been abandoned by the West and were facing threats from insurgencies, terrorism and organised crime. EO also operated in South America and the Far East. I believe that only Africans (Black and White) can truly solve Africa’s problems. I was appointed Chairman of STTEP International in 2009 and also lecture at military colleges and universities in Africa on defence, intelligence and security issues. Prior to the STTEP International appointment, I served as an independent politico-military advisor to several African governments. Until recently, I was a contributing editor to The Counter Terrorist magazine. All comments in line with the topics on this blog are welcome. As I consider this to be a serious look at military and security matters, foul language and political or religious debates will not be entertained on this blog.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

NO POSTS FOR AT LEAST TWO WEEKS

I wish to advise all followers and visitors to my blog that I shall not be posting for at least two weeks. This is due to business commitments I need to fulfil which will prohibit me from any writing and posting.

As I shall be unavailable over the period 18 September 2009 to 1 October 2009, it will not be possible for me to respond to your comments, which I appreciate and value.

I also wish to ask if anyone has a specific subject/area of interest that they want my two-cents worth on, please let me know.

Upon my return, I shall post all comments that may have been received.

However, please do not stop visiting the blog and commenting.

Till then, everything of the best to you all.

7 comments:

tyhz1995 said...

Rats, I had been hoping to pick your brain further sir.If you're going someplace hairy of course be safe.Hopefully it's fun.-Tyler

Jake said...

Safe travels Eeben. Look forward to your return.

SF

Jake

ken borr said...

Dear Eeben,

First of all, stay safe where ever
you are. Second, I was hoping there
was a way to get a signed copy of
your book. I am perfectly happy paying for the book and the shipping costs to have it delivered. You can contact me at
borr1945@hotmail.com. I would also
be delighted to have a copy of your
next book when that comes out.

I appreciate the blog and all of the comments. I am looking forward to the post on IFV's.

regards
ken

Unknown said...

Hey Eeben, I don't know if you have seen this one before, but I thought you might get a kick out of it:

http://www.fmft.net/United%20Nations%20%20Africa%20SA80.jpg

I think that sums up the UN quite nicely.

-DavidH

Unknown said...

Sir,

I was wondering if you could post some thoughts on the use of Visual Tracking teams in the past and uses in the present conflicts. I know a lot of senior officers read your blog and hopefully they might read it and gain some insight.

Thanks

Michael

Sonny Cox said...

Hi Eeben
I just want to thank you once again for making last night's Bridge 14 at Chilly a great success.

That 'person' who wanted 'details' does not want to adhere to protocols and therefore they must contact you by other means.
Regards
Billy

Eeben Barlow's Milsec Blog said...

It was an honour and a privilege to be there, Billy. My thanks to you and all the other old soldiers of the Chilly Trench Shellhole. . My thanks also to all those who contributed to the wonderful gifts I was given. It is very much appreciated and they will take place of pride in my study.

It was also a great pleasure to meet you. I was also surprised to find that Tango was someone whom I had met many years ago in a flight to the combat zone. A small world indeed...

Rgds,

Eeben