About Me

My photo
I saw active service in conventional, clandestine and covert units of the South African Defence Force. I was the founder of the Private Military Company (PMC) Executive Outcomes in 1989 and its chairman until I left in 1997. Until its closure in 1998, EO operated primarily in Africa helping African governments that had been abandoned by the West and were facing threats from insurgencies, terrorism and organised crime. EO also operated in South America and the Far East. I believe that only Africans (Black and White) can truly solve Africa’s problems. I was appointed Chairman of STTEP International in 2009 and also lecture at military colleges and universities in Africa on defence, intelligence and security issues. Prior to the STTEP International appointment, I served as an independent politico-military advisor to several African governments. Until recently, I was a contributing editor to The Counter Terrorist magazine. All comments in line with the topics on this blog are welcome. As I consider this to be a serious look at military and security matters, foul language and political or religious debates will not be entertained on this blog.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

NO POSTS FOR AT LEAST TWO WEEKS

I wish to advise all followers and visitors to my blog that I shall not be posting for at least two weeks.

As I shall be unavailable over the period 26 June 2009 to 15 July 2009, it will not be possible for me to respond to your comments, which I appreciate and value.

Upon my return, I shall post all comments that may have been received.

However, please do not stop visiting the blog…

By the way, my first posting upon my return will discuss the myth of “peacekeeping”.

Till then, everything of the best to you all.

17 comments:

matt said...

Have a good one Eeben and we all look forward to your return. -matt

ken borr said...

Eeben,

Stay safe.

regards,
ken

Alex said...

Looking forward to the next one Eeben.

All the best

Alex

Angela said...

Hello Mr. Barlow,
I am a teacher, trainer, healer, artist, writer and student at American Military University where I am working on my master's in Emergency and Disaster Management. There is much talk about strategic thinking and planning within the context of crisis management and a shortage of people who understand this well enough to teach it to someone else. I remember hearing you say on one of Jake Allen's radio programs that you are writing a book on strategy. I am hoping that I can learn from you what exactly 'strategic thinking and planning' is so I can actually use it. A novel concept apparently. Thank you Sir. I look forward to your reply. Angela
www.angelacbenedict.com
www.militaryhealingcenter.com

nick said...

cant wait to hear what you have to say about peacekeeping. The UN is such a joke guys like you make and made the real difference. Sadly the world we live in cant except the realities of existence anymore they see what out to be not what is.

Sonny Cox said...

Hi Eeben
When you receive this comments you will be home safely again.
I would like to make a request here;
Each year in November our Shellhole "Chilly Trench" Roodepoort hosts a Bridge 14 Dinner.
Is there a vague possibility that you could give a short speech at our next function? You and Chris can then enjoy the dinner with us.
I will inform you of the Date, Venue and Time, closer to the date, if you can fit it into you tight schedule.
Regards
Billy (Sonny) Cox

PS Last year I had Linda de Jager in attendance. "Grensoorlog"

JoExplorer said...

Take Care & Watch Your 6 !

Cheers,

Joe

Eeben Barlow's Milsec Blog said...

Thanks Matt & borr1945.

Rgds,

Eeben

Eeben Barlow's Milsec Blog said...

The next one will be up by Sunday, Alex.

Rgds,

Eeben

Eeben Barlow's Milsec Blog said...

I shall soon be writing on this subject, Angela. Please bear with me as I have been gone for a couple of days and need to catch up on my work.

Rgds,

Eeben

Eeben Barlow's Milsec Blog said...

The UN is its own greatest enemy, Nicholas. I hope to have the article done by tomorrow.

Rgds,

Eeben

Eeben Barlow's Milsec Blog said...

I would be delighted and honoured to meet the old soldiers from your trench, Sonny. May I ask that you “remind” me in early October to diarise it in terms of venue and DTG? We can then also establish comms on an alternate channel.

I WILL make the time to meet you all.

Rgds,

Eeben

Eeben Barlow's Milsec Blog said...

Thanks, Joe. I try to take great care of my 6.

Rgds,

Eeben

Sonny Cox said...

Hi Eeben
Welcome back.
The date is Friday evening 6th November 2009. The venue - Chilly Trench, Roodepoort.
I will inform you again nearer to the date and confirm your availibility. I will supply the GR then.
Kind Regards
Billy
082 341 0379

Eeben Barlow's Milsec Blog said...

Hi Billy,

Many thanks – I have written it into my diary. Closer to time, please give me an indication of what you would like me to focus on – otherwise I shall just waffle on…

Rgds,

Eeben

Sonny Cox said...

Eeben
Hi from Tango Romeo and Bravo Charlie.....

Eeben Barlow's Milsec Blog said...

Hello to you two!! Long time no speak.
Thanks for visiting the blog. I trust you are both well and in good health and spirits?
Rgds,
Eeben